The following are a few of the many websites that provide information and material on smoking and tobacco cessation. In several cases, there are materials that you can download, print, and copy to use for your Great American Smokeout Day and other smoking cessation activities. The American Cancer Society initiated the Great American Smokeout and their resources are included here.
- Great American Smokeout: All About the Great American Smokeout
- Department of Health and Human Services: Healthy Lifestyle: Smoking and Tobacco
- Office of the Surgeon General: Surgeon General's Reports on Smoking and Tobacco Use
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- National Institutes of Health
- Smoking and Cancer, National Cancer Institute
- NIH State-of-the-Science Statement on Tobacco Use: Prevention, Cessation, and Control, June 12-14, 2006
- Smokeless Tobacco and Cancer
- Tobacco Use- Risk Factor Monitoring and Methods
- Prevention and Cessation of Cigarette Smoking
- Tobacco Use Supplement, Current Population Survey
- Research Report Series, Tobacco Addiction, National Institute on Drug Abuse
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- American Cancer Society: Complete Guide to Quitting
Download free viewer and reader software to view PDF, video and other file formats.