Occupational Health Services
Occupational Health plans, develops, and helps implement the Veterans Health Administration’s overall goals and strategic objectives for occupational health, prevention, and safety programs for employees. We provide advice, interpretation, and implementation of policies and programs related to occupational safety and health programs in support of regulatory and professional standards.
Occupational Health consists of several programs and two centers.
- Employee Occupational Health, Occupational Health Infection Control, and Safe Patient Handling and Mobility
- Employee Health and Well-Being
- Workers' Compensation
Our mission and programs are carried out under the leadership of Kate McPhaul, Ph.D., M.P.H., R.N., Chief Consultant, Occupational Health.
Other key staff members are:
- Jennifer Lipkowitz-Eaton, M.D., M.P.H. – Director, Surveillance and Analytics
- Pamela Hirsch, RN, M.Ed., M.S. – Director, Employee Occupational Health
- Ebi Awosika, M.D., M.P.H. – Director, Employee Health and Well-Being
- Lynn Van Male, Ph.D. – Director, Workplace Violence Prevention
- Tony Hilton, DrPH, RN, MSN, FNP, CRRN – Program Manager, Safe Patient Handling and Mobility.