VA has designed posters to provide information on the following topics:
- Influenza (Flu)
- Hand Hygiene
- Respiratory Etiquette
- Healthy Living and Wellness
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Some posters are available en Español.
Posters are not copyrighted and may be reproduced. You may print them on 8.5" x 11" paper using a standard office printer.
Target audiences for flu posters
VA’s flu posters are designed and tagged for a variety of audiences. The audience tag is at the bottom of each poster and listed as part of the description for each poster.
- All (General Audiences): Patients, visitors, and all staff who work in clinics and hospitals
- Clinical: Clinic and hospital staff who work with patients and are familiar with technical health care terminology, such as nurses, doctors, trainees, and other health professionals
- Staff Areas Only: All staff who work in health care facilities, whether or not they have a health care background, such as nonclinical employees, volunteers and others
How to display flu posters
Display posters throughout hospitals; clinics; nursing homes; community buildings, such as libraries and recreation centers; and other places where they will be seen by the target audience.
Suggestions for displaying posters tagged All, Clinical, and Staff Areas Only are listed below. But, use your own creativity to reach your audiences.
- Reception Desks: All
- Waiting Areas: All
- Exam Rooms: All
- Hallways: All
- Outside Patient Rooms: All
- Visitor and Patient Restrooms: All
- Cafeterias: All
- Established Kiosks: All
- Elevators: All
- Meeting/Conference Rooms: Clinical and Staff Areas Only
- Bulletin Boards: Clinical and Staff Areas Only
- Staff Lounges: Clinical and Staff Areas Only
- Staff Restrooms: Clinical and Staff Areas Only
- Break Areas: Staff Areas Only
- Locker Rooms: Staff Areas Only
Display Restroom posters and Wash posters:
- Near urinals
- In stalls
- On mirrors, sinks, or soap dispensers
- On restroom doors so they’re seen when leaving the restroom
Be sure to rotate posters often (weekly or monthly).
Download free viewer and reader software to view PDF, video and other file formats.