Flu Resources for Health Professionals
VA takes the threat seasonal influenza poses to our Veterans, staff, medical system—and the health of the country as a whole—very seriously.
Influenza vaccination is a VA priority. See 2016-17 goals for influenza vaccination.
Download the seasonal influenza campaign calendar (2 MB, PDF) for a planning guide for the vaccination campaign at your VA health care facility. It includes helpful activities within a timeline to assist you and your flu teams to plan, implement, and evaluate your campaign.
Flu tools and materials
VA has developed materials to help inform the public, including Veterans and families, and health care providers about topics such as seasonal flu vaccination, hand and respiratory hygiene, and stopping the spread of infection.
Materials are not copyrighted and may be reproduced.
- All materials
- VA Influenza Manual (4.2 MB, PDF)
- Brochures and fact sheets
- Buttons and stickers
- Cafeteria tray liners
Pandemic flu preparedness
- VA Pandemic Influenza Plan
- Resources for Pandemic Flu - CDC
- Planning and Preparedness for Health Professionals - Flu.gov
- Personal Protective Equipment for Healthcare Personnel Update 2010 - Health and Medicine Division (formerly the Institute of Medicine)
Download free viewer and reader software to view PDF, video and other file formats.