The Occupational Health group plans, develops, and recommends the Veterans Health Administration’s overall goals and strategic objectives for occupational health, prevention, and safety programs for employees. We provide advice, interpretation, and implementation of policies and programs related to occupational safety and health programs in support of regulatory and professional standards.
The Occupational Health group consists of several programs and two centers.
- Clinical Occupational Health, Occupational Health Infection Control and Safe Patient Handling
- Employee Health Promotion Disease and Impairment Prevention
- Workers' Compensation
- Behavioral Threat Management and Violence Prevention
- Center for Occupational Health and Infection Control (COHIC)
Our mission and programs are carried out under the leadership of Victoria J. Davey, Ph.D., M.P.H., R.N., Acting Chief Consultant, Occupational Health.
Other key staff members are:
- Kate McPhaul, Ph.D., M.P.H., R.N. - Deputy Chief Consultant Occupational Health
- Pamela Hirsch, NP-C, M.Ed., M.S. - Director, Clinical Occupational Health
- Mary Matz - National Manager, Safe Patient Handling Program
- Dianne Rodrigues, M.S., R.N., C.O.H.N. – Acting National Program Manager, Workers' Compensation
- Ebi Awosika, M.D., M.P.H. - Director, Employee Health Promotion Disease and Impairment Prevention
- Lynn Van Male, Ph.D. - Director, Behavioral Threat Management Program
- Lewis Radonovich, M.D. - Director, National Center for Occupational Health and Infection Control
Occupational Health (10P3D)
Dept. of Veterans Affairs
810 Vermont Avenue, N.W.
Washington, DC 20420