The Occupational Health group plans, develops, and recommends the Veterans Health Administration’s overall goals and strategic objectives for occupational health, prevention, and safety programs for employees. We provide advice, interpretation, and implementation of policies and programs related to occupational safety and health programs in support of regulatory and professional standards.
The Occupational Health group consists of several programs and two centers.
- Clinical Occupational Health, Occupational Health Infection Control and Safe Patient Handling
- Employee Health Promotion Disease and Impairment Prevention
- Workers' Compensation
- Behavioral Threat Management and Violence Prevention
- Center for Occupational Health and Infection Control (COHIC)
Our mission and programs are carried out under the leadership of Kate McPhaul, Ph.D., M.P.H., R.N., Chief Consultant, Occupational Health.
Other key staff members are:
- Jennifer Lipkowitz-Eaton, M.D., M.P.H. – Director, Surveillance and Analytics
- Pamela Hirsch, NP-C, M.Ed., M.S. - Director, Clinical Occupational Health
- Mary W. Matz, M.S.P.H., C.P.E. - Program Manager, Patient Care Ergonomics
- Bryan J. Richardson – Program Manager, Workers' Compensation
- Ebi Awosika, M.D., M.P.H. - Director, Employee Health Promotion Disease and Impairment Prevention
- Lynn Van Male, Ph.D. - Director, Behavioral Threat Management Program
- Lewis Radonovich, M.D. - Director, National Center for Occupational Health and Infection Control
Occupational Health (10P3D)
Dept. of Veterans Affairs
810 Vermont Avenue, N.W.
Washington, DC 20420