On this page:
- Blast Injuries
DePalma RG, Burris DG, Champion HR, Hodgson MJ.
N Engl J Med. 2005 Mar 31;352(13):1335-42.
- Diminished Speech Intelligibility Associated with Certain Types of Respirators Worn by Healthcare Workers.
Radonovich LJ Jr, Yanke R, Cheng J, Bender B.
J Occup Environ Hyg. 2010 Jan;7(1):63-70.
- Do Respirators Protect Health-Care Workers from Airborne Infectious Diseases?
Radonovich LJ Jr., Hodgson MJ, Cohen HJ.
Respir Care. 2008 Dec; 53(12): 1660-4.
- Emergency Management Program Operational Responses to Weapons of Mass Destruction: Veterans Health Administration, 2001-2003
Hodgson MJ, Bierenbaum A, Mather S, Brown MA, Beatty J, Scott M, Brewster P.
Am J Ind Med. 2004 Nov;46(5):446-52.
- Employee Working Conditions and Healthcare System Performance: The Veterans Health Administration Experience
Warren N, Hodgson M, Craig T, Dyrenforth S, Perlin J, Murphy F; Veterans Health Administration.
J Occup Environ Med. 2007 Apr;49(4):417-29.
- Health Care Workers' Views About Respirator Use and Features that Should Be Included in the Next Generation of Respirators
Baig AS, Knapp C, Eagan AE, Radonovich LJ Jr.
Am J Infect Control. 2010 Feb;38(1):18-25. Epub 2009 Dec 29.
- Hospital Response to Chemical Terrorism: Personal Protective Equipment, Training, and Operations Planning
Georgopoulos PG, Fedele P, Shade P, Lioy PJ, Hodgson M, Longmire A, Sands M, Brown MA.
Am J Ind Med. 2004 Nov;46(5):432-45.
- Preventing the Soldiers of Health Care from Becoming Victims on the Pandemic Battlefield: Respirators or Surgical Masks as the Armor of Choice.
Radonovich LJ Jr, Perl TM, Davey V, Cohen H.
Disaster Med Public Health Prep. 2009 Dec;3 Suppl 2:S203-10.
- Respirator Tolerance in Health Care Workers
Radonovich LJ Jr., Cheng J, Shenal BV, Hodgson M, Bender BS.
JAMA. 2009 Jan 7; 301(1): 36-8.
- Stockpiling Supplies for the Next Influenza Pandemic
Radonovich LJ Jr., Magalian PD, Hollingsworth MK, Baracco G.
Emerg Infect Dis. 2009 June; 15(6).
- The Effects of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act Privacy Rule on Influenza Research Using Geographical Information Systems.
Tellman N, Litt ER, Knapp C, Eagan A, Cheng J, Radonovich LJ Jr.
Geospat Health. 2010 Nov;5(1):3-9.
- Underreporting of Work-Related Musculoskeletal Disorders in the Veterans Administration
Siddharthan K, Hodgson M, Rosenberg D, Haiduven D, Nelson A.
Int J Health Care Qual Assur Inc Leadersh Health Serv. 2006;19(6-7):463-76.
- Violence in Healthcare Facilities: Lessons from the Veterans Health Administration
Hodgson MJ, Reed R, Craig T, Murphy F, Lehmann L, Belton L, Warren N.
J Occup Environ Med. 2004 Nov;46(11):1158-65.
- Federal Regulations Addressing Occupational Health Services 5 USC 7901
Policy permitting the head of each agency of the U.S. Government to establish a health service program to promote and maintain the physical and mental fitness of employees.
- VHA Directive 2010-053 (Patient Record Flags) (66 KB, PDF)
Outlines policy and guidance for the proper use of Patient Record Flags (PRFs), which alert VHA employees to patients whose behavior may pose a threat either to their safety, the safety of other patients, or compromise the delivery of quality health care.
- Patient Handling (Lifting) Equipment Coverage & Space Recommendations (351 KB, PDF)
Guidelines for equipment used for patient-handling that addresses coverage and installation issues surrounding ceiling-mounted lifts, and coverage and storage issues for portable/floor-based lifts.
- Employee Health Promotion Disease Prevention Guidebook
Policies, procedures, and guidelines established to create the Employee Health Promotion Disease Prevention program
Download free viewer and reader software to view PDF, video and other file formats.
Occupational Health (10P3D)
Dept. of Veterans Affairs
810 Vermont Avenue, N.W.
Washington, DC 20420