Gulf War Veterans' Illnesses Task Force Report
VA released the 2012-2013 Gulf War Veterans’ Illnesses Task Force report (932 KB, PDF) February 28, 2014.
The report identifies seven specific areas where VA is improving care and services for Gulf War Veterans who served in Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm.
- Clinical Care: Leveraging Veteran-Centric Specialty Services in Primary Care
- Clinical Education and Training: Putting Clinical Knowledge into Practice
- Veteran Benefits: Delivering Compensation and Pension and Fiduciary Services
- Veteran Outreach: Improving Communications to Gulf War Veterans
- Partnerships: Improved Data Sharing with the Department of Defense
- Ongoing Scientific Review and Surveillance: Taking Advantage of Untapped Sources of Data Related to Veterans’ Health
- Research and Development: Encouraging Targeted Efforts
The mission of the Gulf War Veterans’ Illnesses Task Force is to:
- Identify gaps in services as well as opportunities to better serve Desert Shield/Desert Storm Veterans.
- Develop results-oriented recommendations that decisively advance VA's efforts to address their needs.
- Apply lessons learned from past practices and policies that can improve today's programs and services supporting Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation New Dawn Veterans.
Download free viewer and reader software to view PDF, video and other file formats.