Military Sexual Trauma VHI
Clinicians can learn about military sexual trauma from the Veterans Health Initiative (VHI) study guide, Military Sexual Trauma (2.05 MB, PDF).
One objective of this study guide is to raise awareness among clinicians of the breadth of issues facing persons who have been sexually assaulted or raped in order to ensure appropriate clinical care.
- Prevalence of military sexual trauma
- Effective screening methods
- How to respond to sexual trauma disclosure
- Mental health treatment
- Compensation issues associated with military sexual trauma
- Complex patient-provider relationship; treatment
- Self-care for clinicians to avoid burnout
The study guide is useful for VA and non-VA health care providers caring for Veteran patients. Veterans and the public also may be interested in the guide to learn more about symptoms and treatment. Go to the military sexual trauma website for information geared to Veterans, including VA services.
Download free viewer and reader software to view PDF, video and other file formats.