Gulf War VHI
Clinicians can learn how to care better for Veterans by consulting a study guide, Caring for Gulf War Veterans (800 KB, PDF). The guide provides the latest information from scientific studies, and includes an overview of Desert Shield/Desert Storm (1990-1991) ground conditions, top environmental exposures, and illnesses common to these Veterans.
- Gulf War from a Veteran's perspective
- Exposure concerns for Gulf War Veterans
- Undiagnosed and unexplained illnesses
- Infectious diseases
- Gender-specific health concerns
- Mental health and psycho-social concerns
- Health care and other VA benefits
The material is geared to VA and non-VA health care providers who are caring for Gulf War Veteran patients, but Veterans and the public also may be interested. Go to Gulf War Veterans' Illnesses for information geared to Veterans, including how to apply for VA benefits.
Download free viewer and reader software to view PDF, video and other file formats.