Publications & Reports on Military Exposures
VA has developed newsletters, reports, and other publications for Veterans, the public and health care providers on the following topics:
- Environmental Exposures Programs and Services
- Agent Orange
- Gulf War
- Operations Enduring Freedom/Iraqi Freedom/New Dawn
- Airborne Hazards and Burn Pits
- Depleted Uranium
- Project 112/Project SHAD
- Guides for Clinicians
Environmental Exposures Programs & Services brochure (226 KB, PDF)
Overview of programs and services available for Veterans who may have been exposed to certain environmental hazards during their military service, including Agent Orange, Airborne Hazards and Open Burn Pits, Depleted Uranium, Gulf War, Ionizing Radiation, and Toxic Embedded Fragments.
View Agent Orange publications, including newsletters, posters, and reports.
Newsletter: Agent Orange Newsletter 2019
View Gulf War publications, including newsletters, posters, and reports.
Newsletter: Gulf War Newsletter 2019
View OEF/OIF/OND exposures publications, including newsletters, posters, and clinical guides.
Newsletter: Post-9/11 Vet 2018
Airborne Hazards & Open Burn Pit Registry Fact Sheet (403 KB, PDF)
Clinician's Guide to Airborne Hazards (780 KB, PDF)
10 Things to Know About Burn Pits (327 MB, PDF)
View radiation publications, including newsletters, brochures, and a clinical guide.
Newsletter: Ionizing Radiation Review March 2012
View publications on depleted uranium and the Depleted Uranium Follow-Up Program.
View Project 112/Project SHAD publications, including fact sheets and a clinical guide.
These guides help health care providers care for Veterans with military exposure concerns, malaria, and mild traumatic brain injury.
- VA Environmental Health Registry Programs and Evaluations for Veterans (250 KB, PDF)
- Environmental Exposure Pocket Card (630 KB, PDF)
- Clinician's Guide to Airborne Hazards (780 KB, PDF)
- Malaria: Pocket Guide for Clinicians (430 KB, PDF)
- Mild Traumatic Brain Injury – Concussion: Pocket Guide for Clinicians (425 KB, PDF)
Download free viewer and reader software to view PDF, video and other file formats.